Saturday, February 29, 2020

Casindra Lost (Paradisi Lost Missions Series #1)Casindra Lost by Marti Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved the blurb, “A half-baked AI…”? Whenever a blurb can make me chuckle, I know this will be a good book. Captain Sideris is sent on a mission, new and exciting, yes. But it does seem to be a fairly standard one overall: go to these planets, analyze them for precious metals and other items of interest, send data back home and so on. But the AI is not as sophisticated as he had hoped and his only other live companion aboard the craft is an empathic cat named Simba. When things start going wrong as well, drones not returning with supplies as scheduled, or those mysterious and disturbing messages, Captain Sideris will have to figure out just what is going on and will he be able to save himself?
Despite the tedious scientific explanations and ongoings (which really aren’t bad as they were accurate and based on real science we currently have), I found the book to be engaging and at times funny. There was that mystery as well which helped drive the story onward.


View all my reviews

No comments: