Friday, February 21, 2020

From the BoneFrom the Bone by Melvin Litton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Melvin Little has published books previously and he shows his experience in this one. The collection of poems that all deal with life (his experiences and that of others) are thoughtful, filled with nuance and will leave you musing your own experiences. 33 poems, from the windy plains, to visions of priests, short poems, medium poems and long poems, there is certainly something here for everyone. There were a few poems that I liked a lot, The Gate, Dark Intent and Prodigal son and mostly I really liked Flight to paradise. Musings on life, how our shapes resemble punctuation symbols for one, are plentiful out there. But I think that Mister Little has a good grasp on how to use his words to make us think about our own humanity and frailty and how nothing in life truly stays the same, no matter its appearance. Great collection of poems for us poetic minds!

View all my reviews

No comments: