Friday, July 17, 2020

ChameleonChameleon by Nowick Gray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A new AI virtual reality game is out, and programmer Joe Norton is itching to take his turn in trying out the new virtual reality. The only problem? The game is as mysterious as it is insidious and armed with his rifle, with only one bullet and a boat load of bad choices, Joe must figure out the endgame and how to disengage from the game before all is lost forever. Trapped in this game as well as his dreams, Joe also struggles with discerning reality from imagination. This book is a reworked version of a previous story.
As I have not read the previous book, I can only talk about this version that I have read. The book reminded me a bit of the movie Insomnia albeit with a virtual reality twist. While the story was interesting, I found it moved along slowly at times and I was as confused as Joe on whether a situation was real or imagined.


View all my reviews

No comments: