Friday, July 3, 2020

The Trail of Tears: The 19th Century Forced Migration of Native AmericansThe Trail of Tears: The 19th Century Forced Migration of Native Americans by History Titans
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For most of us, the Trail of Tears is just a footnote in American history, but for the Native or Indigenous Americans, it is so much more. To truly understand the occurrence and the wide-reaching aftermath of this period, a more in-depth knowledge of Native Americans is needed. This book sets out to give us just that. Broken into detailed chapters, the Author covers history from early culture to the colonization’s; the importance of the Lative American Leaders, the removal act and then the Trail of Tears and how it affected each of the tribes differently. This book is well researched, thoughtfully written and will allow you to gain a greater understanding of a horrific period of our nations history and how its aftermath is still felt today.
I think this is an important book as I only had a vague Idea about the Trail of tears and what went on then. I grew up in Germany, so I do not know how much the American History in the school’s cover. I think that this will be a great addition to our homeschool library to use for when our kids come to this topic.


View all my reviews

No comments: