Friday, July 17, 2020

How does a child diagnosed with Autism relates to the world.: An easy to understand guide for parents, therapists, and teachers.How does a child diagnosed with Autism relates to the world.: An easy to understand guide for parents, therapists, and teachers. by Bozena Zawisz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There are plenty of autism books out there, but what sets this one apart is that the author is the parent of an autistic child. The diagnosis of autism is not the end and this book helps a parent understand the diagnosis and how their child see the world. The book is also easily understood by younger children as there are plenty of pictures within.
I am always a bit wary about books that deal with autism as sometimes they are not well written or are full of information that is wrong. This book was recommended to me and I truly enjoyed reading it. I liked the way the information is presented, and I also think that the author knows what she is talking about. The perspective of this book, from that of the child helps me a lot in understanding how they perceive the world around them and how intimidating everyday things can be. Very good book.


View all my reviews

No comments: