Friday, May 28, 2021

Iris: A fleeting tale of love, murder and betrayalIris: A fleeting tale of love, murder and betrayal by Chand Ghei
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“What makes me shiver at night is the fear I might get too complacent of laziness, hence imprinted in the present.” This book follows Special Detective Kenneth Johansen through poignant moments in his life. The book is told through the lens of a narrator, telling us what happens as the story unfolds and Kenneth attempts to unravel a case that also has him looking into his own psyche at the same time.
This was a bit harder to read, the narration writing style isn’t my favorite. Kenneth’s journey is not strictly linear as it only covers highlights in his life that influenced him the greatest on the journey. As such, it can feel a little disjointed. The story is not bad, it was simply a bit hard to get through for me.


View all my reviews

No comments: