Monday, May 31, 2021

The Remains of the Fae (Down & Dirty Supernatural Cleaning Services #5)The Remains of the Fae by Demitria Lunetta
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Paige is faced with the VSK, and then later jets off to Fairyland with her Ex-husband to get their marriage annulled. But nothing is ever so simple with faes. Throw in Nico and some Truth potion, and you get a wild ride.
This was certainly not my favorite of the series. Paige seemed even more inclined towards knee-jerk reactions and then was surprised when no one liked the results. Also, the plot was all over the place. The VSK was hyped up so much over the previous 4 books that this conclusion seemed a bit of a let down. It was almost like two novellas were smooshed into one book. And, Paige and Nico's "romance" has officially entered a "Glacial-pace burn", its not even slow since nothing has changed and we are at book 5 now. I hope the next book will be better, or I might abandon the series.
I received an ARC and voluntarily decided to leave a review.

View all my reviews

No comments: