Wednesday, May 5, 2021

The Leader Within Us: Mindset, Principles, and Tools for a Life By DesignThe Leader Within Us: Mindset, Principles, and Tools for a Life By Design by Warren Rustand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of the most important lessons came early in the book: “A leader must avoid being overwhelmed by the constant distractions of the day- and must make time to think”. I think that sentence, out of most of the book, resonated the most with me as I often found myself overwhelmed by the many tasks when I was a manager. Many of the stories in this book are from great leaders of the past, they dealt with and overcame extremely hard situations in the past, with much less than we have at our disposal, and they were able to achieve greatness. A rousing book, this is less of a self-help book and more of a collection of stories that will give you insight into the minds of great leaders and hopefully find the leader within yourself.

View all my reviews

No comments: