Thursday, November 4, 2021

Awakening: Ladies, Leadership, and the Lies We've Been ToldAwakening: Ladies, Leadership, and the Lies We've Been Told by Areva Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How effective can breaking the Glass ceiling be, if the entire building is built upon a framework of oppression of those that do not fit a narrow set of criteria? Making her case for an entire restructuring of the business models, Awakening is the author’s chance to show us exactly how society and the existing corporate system is keeping women in pigeon-holed roles and preventing them from succeeding at equal levels of men.
The statistics in this book were really eye-opening. I found that the writing here was very accessible and I was able to connect to the personal stories of some of the women and really see how I went through similar situations.


View all my reviews

No comments: