Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Taming the WishTaming the Wish by Sava Buncic
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Based on the cryptic synopsis, I was expecting a postapocalyptic type of novel. What we got was more a thriller with an authoritarian twist on a global level. Petar, is a clinical doctor who routinely upsets his superiors with his inquisitive nature and his attention to detail. Moved into the scientific field, Petar finds a treatment for obesity, controlling the wish as he calls it and this sets him into the sights of dangerous forces.
While the story itself was interesting, Petar was very egotistical, absent minded and so detail oriented, that the pacing of this story moved very slowly. He was perpetually up against everyone else and he seemed a very selfish character. I also didn’t quite understand the ending, so that left me feeling a little dissatisfied


View all my reviews

No comments: