Sunday, September 22, 2019

Quickbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Bookkeeping and Accounting for Small BusinessesQuickbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Bookkeeping and Accounting for Small Businesses by Michael Kane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So, if your anything like me, you bought QuickBooks, figuring “hey I know my way around a computer, how hard can it be?”. Well, QuickBooks was confusing to say the least, at least for me. I wasn’t able to figure out how to turn our self-employed business into a QuickBooks version that would mesh, so I left it alone and continued using Excel. I picked this book up figuring it couldn’t hurt and it did much more than that. The explanations of the different features were technical, yet simple and the section on Reports as well as the section on the mileage deduction were very helpful.
It was not a long book, but you do not need that, simply select the area you are working on from the table of contents and then follow the instructions. I really like this book and I have already started using it to help me with the setup of our business into the QuickBooks program we have.


View all my reviews

No comments: