Friday, September 27, 2019

What Is Wrong With TwitterWhat Is Wrong With Twitter by Kurt Seapoint
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“We all make mistakes, but social media can frame those mistakes and display them infinitely.” What a profound way of starting this book about one of the biggest social media platforms there is today. Twitter recently changed its platform and the author gives us insights in how those changes will affect us as the user. Also, the author (who may or may not be a troll) may seem like a comrade in arms if some of the scenarios he describes where Twitter failed to do various things, seem familiar to you. Covering topics such as the appearance, new rules, privacy settings (and concerns), and maybe one of the creepiest topics for me: Identity interactions. Boy that chapter made me want to throw out all of my social media accounts.
Written with humor, facts, interspersed with cites and article links, this was a fantastic book to read and gain an insight and eye-opening to what is going on with Twitter. I don’t spend too much time on that platform, but my husband does and I’ve heard some stories of things going wrong and generally being aggravating.


View all my reviews

No comments: