Saturday, September 14, 2019

South of Little RockSouth of Little Rock by George Rollie Adams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Centered in the south in the 1950’s this book brings to us the deep entrenchment of ideologies and way of life back then. With the backdrop of the Central High desegregation crisis in the headlines and just up the road, the little town of Unionville is rocked and must decide where it stands with its values. So many things change in the lives of the characters, and they each have to make personal decisions on how they will continue to live their lives.
I really resonated with Becky Reeves, the school teacher. I think her personal morals and beliefs helped give her strength in this rocky time and she had tough fights and still held her ground. The writing and the research for this book was excellent. The characters were multi-dimensional and flawed just like real people and I was able to picture myself in this little town as it all is happening.


View all my reviews

No comments: